Color my life with the chaos of trouble. Yes, its Summer Finn’s quote on her yearbook from my all-time favorite chic-flick movie, “500 Days of Summer”. I have been watching this for as many times as I could remember and yet, I still can’t get enough with it. My sis handpicks the movie as one of her most unforgettable young adult movie that seems too good to be true. I was wondering if there are couples or singles out there who haven’t seen this whimsical heart-rending film and I say, “What?”
To help you guys decide on finally lounging on your seat and watch 500 Days of Summer, here are the best reasons (I think) as why you must NEVER miss to watch it.
- It happens in real life. Like any other romantic flicks with dash of fantasy and impossible dreams, 500 days convey genuine stories of every “in a relationship” or “it’s complicated” people. There are no handsome princes and beautiful princesses with their carousels. Only true existence of people being in love and getting hurt. You will understand the before and after effects of being madly in love in the real setting.
- Nonchalant characters and amusing exchange of thoughts. One of the roles I love to play would be Tom Hansen’s little sis. She’s way informative when it comes to heart to heart talk even though she’s young. Views expressed are weird particularly when Tom told his friends how Summer answered on his question regarding her weekend. It actually testifies that guys are obscure thinkers than girls and how hostile it sounds to share with their friends.
- Not your ordinary romantic show. The story is based on sequence of events from the day Summer met Tom until they finally separated. How it started, how it ended, why they break-up and how their romance blooms was depicted in a creative form of storytelling numbered from one to 500.
- Quotable quotes. Who would forget the movie, “Notting Hill” when Ana Scott brought up the line, “I’m just a girl standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her?” If you’re a go-getter of inspiring quotes, then this film is the right one for you.
- Teary but witty. Love stories are sometimes created to make us cry and reminisce the “good old days” we had. Thanks to humor has it, we don’t really have to shed tears without sheer dose of “hahaha” moments by their scenes. You will incredibly burst out of laughter and sob unwillingly at the same time.
- The Smiths!!! Period. Period. Period.
- Sometimes, the person we thought is the one may not really mean for us. Maybe you will ask, what happened? Why didn’t they marry after? Otherwise stated, you’ll have to see it for yourself and find out if Summer decide the right choice so Tom wouldn’t have felt abandoned by his love to the first girl he’s afraid to lose.
- A definite spoiler. Imagine a movie made to inspire us personally through the ultimate combination of comedy and drama, great characters, timely lessons worth related in our own experiences? That’s precisely how 500 days of Summer was prepared-to stimulate our senses and touch our innermost feelings.
- Learn from the experts. Advices eh? Don’t align expectations with reality. Get the freakiest superb love advice to help you avoid being attached to someone who doesn’t like serious commitment. Save the best stuff for later.
- Best artists ever! Newbie Zooey Deschanel is cool and quirky, right for the character of Summer whose adventurous, appealing and sweet. Joseph Gordon Levitt (JGL) also known as Tom Hansen in the movie defines himself as a “perfectly adequate” guy and he sure expose the role more than viewers will expect. Watch out his smooth moves, too!
*Photos courtesy of Google.